Don’t you just love Thanksgiving? Sometimes I believe it is my favorite holiday even though its not on the Christian calendar, either globally or historically. There’s just something about pausing to reflect on the goodness of God and then purposely offer thanks to Him for His grace and mercy.
On this day, I often reflect on the Lord’s healing of the ten lepers (Luke 17:11-19). There are at least eight truths that literally jump out at me from the pages of this text. You can probably think of others but here’s my list:
- Is a rare practice (v.15).
- Should be our “reflex response” (v.15).
- Is the gateway to worship (v.16, Psalm 100:4).
- Is something you both feel and do, not just something you “think” (v.16).
- Comes from hearts that feel they are truly undeserving (v.16).
- Is recognized by the Lord…but so is ingratitude (v.17-18)
- Leaves you with a sense of purpose and accomplishment (v.19).
- Is the path to a greater understanding of the role of faith (v.19, I Thess 5:18).
It seems to me that, as a true child of God, if you can just do one thing…Thank Him!
So today, I want to thank God for His unspeakable grace and mercy…and for you! Thank you for your love, prayers and faithfulness over the years.
Have a happy, God-blessed Thanksgiving Day.
2 Tim 1:12